More About Tooth Recontouring
With tooth recontouring, your Anchorage, Alaska, cosmetic dentist will use advanced dental technology including lasers to remove enamel and reshape your teeth to the desired size, shape, and length. After the recontouring is complete, your Anchorage cosmetic dentist will polish your teeth, leaving them with a brilliant, natural-looking shine. Tooth recontouring is one of the fastest ways to improve the appearance of your teeth and leave you with a stunning smile.
Other benefits of tooth recontouring in Anchorage, Alaska, include:
- Your teeth can be reshaped in one quick appointment
- There are no nerves in the enamel of your teeth, so the procedure is pain-free
- Tooth recontouring is permanent, so you won’t have to return for any special maintenance. You simply need to come in for your twice-yearly exams and cleanings and follow any other instructions provided by your Anchorage, AK, general dentist.
After you have tooth recontouring performed, you will want to do the following to ensure that your results will last:
- Avoid sugary drinks and foods
- Brush and floss your teeth gently
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste
- Avoid grinding and clenching your teeth
- Maintain good oral hygiene
You may be a great candidate for tooth recontouring if your teeth are healthy and your enamel is thick enough to withstand some being removed. If you have hot/cold tooth sensitivity, you may not be a great candidate for tooth recontouring, but you won’t know until a cosmetic dentist in Anchorage examines you. If tooth recontouring is not the solution for you, there are many other services your Anchorage dentist can perform to correct your dental problems.